Elephant Village and Mahout Experience Day Tour gives you the exceptional chance to live a short time with protected elephants near Luang Prabang. Experience a day in the life of an elephant mahout (elephant trainer) and learn about the elephants and their life in the project area.
Departure time: 7.30 - 8.30 am
Departure point: Please let us know your hotel in Luang Prabang, we will pick you up and drop you off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. Water levels in Teh Namkhan River and at Tad Se Waterfall vary with the seasons.
- Schedules and itineraries are approximate and subject to change due to seasonal conditions in the jungle and at the camp.
What is included?
- Entrance fees
- Buffet lunch
- English-speaking local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round trip transfer
- Boat transfer to Tad Sae waterfall
What is excluded
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Luang Prabang
8:30 am–9:00 am: Pick up by our English-speaking guide and depart from your hotel.
Arrival at the Elephant Village Camp: Welcome and greeting by our camp manager and participate in short briefing about elephants. Ride with your elephant and enjoy the impressive experience of a 3 km ride.
Mahout Training: Receive your basic mahout training on how to interact with an elephant.
Lunch: Dine at our Elephant Camp restaurant located on the banks of the river with beautiful views of the Lao jungle. Buffet lunch served with coffee or tea and drinking water (vegetarian options are available).
Bathe Your Elephant: Take your elephant down to the Namkhan river for an exhilarating bathing experience!
Boat trip to Tad Sae Waterfall: Take a traditional Lao-style long boat to the Tad Sae Waterfall and relax in the clear water. (Water levels vary with the seasons, but you have the option to relax at our wonderful swimming pool during the dry season).
Return: Transfer back to your hotel in Luang Prabang approximately between 3:00 pm and 4:00 pm.
Note: The itinerary is subject to change as water levels in Teh Namkhan River and at Tad Se Waterfall vary with the seasons and tour activities can be arranged in different orders than published above.